EVERYTHING YOU COULD WANT IN YOUR FIRST PIANO, INCLUDING TWO OF THE WORLD’S FINEST GRAND PIANOS: THE YAMAHA CFX AND BÖSENDORFER IMPERIAL.
The Graded Hammer 3X Keyboard (GH3X)
The touch of the Clavinova keyboard has been praised by pianists for a performance feel that makes you forget you’re playing a digital piano, offering authentic response to the force of your touch and a natural key return. Utilizing the same hammering system and spring-less mechanism as a grand piano, GH3X actions accurately reproduce the touch of an acoustic piano from the heavy feel in the lower register to the lighter touch in the upper octaves.
Synthetic ivory and ebony keytops—a pleasure to play even after hours of performance
Our fingers are more sensitive than we think, and for pianists, the texture of the piano keys is extremely important. The GH3X keyboard features white keys made from the highest quality synthetic ivory, developed independently by Yamaha. The black keys are finished in synthetic ebony. Synthetic ivory keytops reproduce the tactile surface of the real ivory keyboards once used in older acoustic pianos. It features highly absorbent material that prevents fingers from slipping even after hours of practice, while retaining the ideal texture and feel.
Escapement mechanism of Clavinova Keyboards
The escapement mechanism in a grand piano moves the hammers away from the strings quickly after they strike them, in order to prevent any interference with string vibration. This mechanism produces a slight clicking sensation when the keys are pressed gently. The Clavinova keyboards feature an escapement mechanism that reproduces this sensation near the bottom of the key dip. They have been designed in such a way that the click is discernible only on the lightest keystrokes, similar to the keyboard of a grand piano. These keyboards have been adjusted to provide additional friction that balances key repetition and response without impeding performance.
Keyboard Stabilizers—unique Yamaha mechanisms for improved keyboard stability and durability
Keyboards fulfill the vital role of transforming emotion from your fingertips into sound and therefore, must be smooth to play in order to maintain superb touch for prolonged performances. That is why Yamaha has fitted Keyboard Stabilizers to all 88 keys, offering players a natural touch and improving the stability and durability of the keyboard.
Full-body resonance, just like an acoustic piano
Similar to an acoustic piano, the Clavinova is calibrated carefully, with speaker positioning and body materials checked to ensure that the entire instrument resonates optimally. For a sound image that is very close to the grand piano, these instruments feature Tone Escapement in several locations throughout the body that allow the sound from the speakers to be projected to the listener’s ears without being trapped inside the instrument.
A fully immersive concert grand experience—even with headphones
Yamaha’s advanced binaural sampling technology is now available on the Clavinova for the first time. The technology uses samples from the CFX, Yamaha’s acclaimed concert grand piano, recorded with specialized microphones that capture locational information and other nuances discerned by the human ear. The resulting sound is so natural, so enveloping, that you’ll soon forget you’re even wearing headphones at all.
CLP625 FEATURES & SPECS
- 88 keys with GH3X (Graded Hammer 3X) weighted action
- Synthetic ebony and ivory keytops, escapement
- Touch sensitivity: Hard/medium/soft/fixed
- 256-note polyphony (max.)
- Piano sound: Yamaha CFX, Bösendorfer Imperial, CFX Binaural Sampling
- Tone generation: Key-off samples, Smooth release, String resonance, Damper resonance
- 10 voices
- 50 piano preset songs + 10 voice demo songs
- 3 Pedals: Damper/Sostenuto/Soft, Half Pedal
- Effects: Reverb (4 types), Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC), Stereophonic Optimizer
- Functions: Dual/Layers, Duo, Recording
- Overall controls: Metronome, Transpose, Tuning
- Connectivity: USB to HOST, 2x Headphones port
- Amplifiers: 20W x 2 / Speakers: 10cm x 2
- Auto power off function
- Included: Matching bench, music rest, AC adaptor, Song book (50 Classical Music Masterpieces)
- Optional: UD-BT01 (RRP $74.99) Bluetooth wireless MIDI adaptor for connecting instruments with a USB to HOST terminal to your iOS devices (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) or Mac
- 5 Year Yamaha Warranty
The colours and finishes shown may vary from those on the actual products. All prices listed in Australian dollars. Prices include GST and are recommended retail prices only. Delivery and set-up are additional. Please talk with your closest dealer for a full package quotation and availability.